Thursday, October 17, 2013

Zoo day

Today my sweet little Rebecca and I decided it was a zoo day. A zoo day was just what we needed. Preschool could wait, Mom & Rebecca needed to play!

I tried getting there a new way for me, and I missed the turn. I missed a MAJOR turn! So we ended up going into Illinois on the 80. We ended up taking old Highway 6 to get to Coal Valley. It was beautiful on the drive. The trees were so colorful, but Rebecca just wanted to get there!

We rode the train with a field trip of noisy kindergartners.


The snow leopard was very active walking around. Rebecca got an eye to eye encounter with it.





We walked by the lions right as the male lion started roaring. He walked right up to the glass by us. He fogged the glass up with his breath. Rebecca said she wasn't scared by the lion.



We made a quick stop to feed the goats before heading to the pond. The fish were cold so they weren't eating the food wildly like they usually do. Instead the swans and ducks were eating all the food. One swam walked up to us on the deck and started eating the food on the ground. Rebecca started dropping food for it to eat. She started feeding it from her hands after watching a boy do it. The swan really liked all the food Rebecca gave it.


I've been trying to play with manual settings on my camera. Rebecca was more then happy to jump on the rocks while I took pictures of her playing.



I'm not sure why she's got such a potty lip in this picture. Must have been because I said it was time to go home. The Zoo's an hour away and Simeon had a doctors appointment, so we had to get home.

These days of field trips are numbered and I want to take advantage of these days with Rebecca before their gone. I love spending  time with this sweet little girl of outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment