Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

The kids have been so EXCITED about Valentine's day for weeks. Rebecca has been asking to put decorations up and get the house ready. With every thing else going on we didn't decorate until LATE the night before, and Rebecca was wide awake after a long fever induced nap that afternoon.

The kids combined had 67 Valentines to make. I had another 18 to make between my Spanish kids and my little Sun beams.

Simeon wanted to do something more grown up, so this year he gave cans of Izzie sparkling juice out. Corrine gave pencils and lifesavers. Ammon gave out pencils and Rebecca gave her preschool friends a bubble wand.
For Spanish I gave them Valentines in Spanish with a few treats. For my Sunbeams I went a little over board and gave them a bigger goodie bag with a bracelet for the girls, or desquise for the boys, bubbles, goldfish, fruit snacks and a sucker. April (we co-teach) Rebecca and I went and delivered them. Rebecca also gave her friend Kinsley a matching heart sweatshirt as an extra gift. Those 2 have so much fun playing together!

I was asked to make heart strawberries on skewers for Corrine's classes Valentine's party. I think they turned out so cute. Corrine said all the kids really liked them. Their not hard to make, you just have to figure out how to make the 1st cut correctly. I learned the fatter strawberries were the best to use.


Our teacher gifts this year were Valentine's dish towels I found on clearance at Kohl's the day before. I wanted to do something that didn't involve food. All 3 of the big kids are taught by 1 amazing teacher, so they all gave her a set of towels even though she isn't any of their homeroom teachers. All the teachers really liked them!



Valentine's Day was our normal busy Thursday. I did get up and make breakfast before we all left for Spanish. Since Rebecca was recovering from her fever she didn't go to dance class. We all went to Taekwondo, then went to Panda Express for our Valentine's Day dinner. The kids loved it, I didn't have any dishes to do and it fit perfectly in before swim lessons.

It's kind of sad to think that this is Simeon's last year of giving out Valentine's. His teacher had a really fun party for the kids. They all made boxes to collect their valentine's in. I'm so glad she did that and gave those 6th graders one last Valentine's exchange. I'm not ready for Simeon to go to Junior High. He's grown up was too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment