Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A foot later

I've been growing my hair out for over a year. I kept saying I'll cut it this summer. But after weeks of terrible headaches I couldn't take my heavy thick hair anymore. I happen to go into a salon to get chlorine stripping shampoo for Corrine when I decided to cut it right then. Rebecca was super patient watching me getting it cut.


Instantly it felt like I lost a few pounds of weight on my head. It was such a wonderful feeling.
This cut makes it about 40 inches that I've donated to Locks of Love over the years.

That afternoon I was driving Simeon and 4 friends to band practice at the high school. I got to the school early enough to get a spot just 3 cars back from the door. Simeon came out with his friend Nick. They both looked at me in the van, then went back to talking. They did this a few times. Ammon walked by and saw me and of course told me "your hair looks weird". So sweet buddy! After Ammon stopped at the van one of the other kids in the group saw me and told Simeon "that's your mom right there." Simeon still wasn't sure it was me. It took him coming right up to the van to believe that it was really me.
I do have to give him some slack because there's another family at school with an identical van and she does have shorter hair, but we look completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment