Monday, December 24, 2012

Becky The Elf

After seeing ideas floating around about Elf on the Shelf, we decided to adopt an Elf this year. We really thought that our Elf would be full of mischief and get into some trouble this month, but she wasn't as adventurous as we thought she would be.

Meeting out Elf

While we were out picking out our Christmas Tree, our Elf appeared with a note for the kids.


Jingle bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way
I’ve got a surprise for you today.
I have left you a friend;
She is my very favorite elf.
Look for her every day.
She will be hiding in the house.
If you touch her, her magic will go away
And then she won’t be able to get back
To the North Pole before Christmas day.
Remember, I’m making a list and
Checking it twice.
So be sweet for your parents and
For your teachers be nice.
Obey all the rules and do what
You’re asked every day.
And elf will give me a good report
So I can visit Christmas Day!

Love,
Santa


The kids decided to name our Elf Becky after our sweet friend Becky, so she could look down on us from Heaven this Christmas Season.

A few places we found Becky the Elf this month.

Toilet Papering out Christmas Tree.


Hanging onto our advent Christmas Tree.


We found her hanging from our chandelier in the kitchen.

She brought us Daylight Donuts for breakfast.

She brought us Candy Cane Oreo's, Christmas Napkins and plates.

She brought our stockings out for Santa to fill on Christmas.

A few other places we found her that we didn't have pictures of-
She replaced her picture in 4 picture frames.
We found her keeping cold in the freezer, because she missed the cold of the North Pole.
We found her hugging the milk in the fridge.
She brought us Christmas cereal.
She tried to learn how to fly on our front room ceiling fan.
She filled our felt Santa with Hershey Peppermint Kisses.

On Christmas Eve, Becky brought the kids new pajamas and a farewell note.

Saying Good-bye

Dear Smith kids,
I have had so much fun being a part of your family for the last month. You guys sure have a lot of fun (and know how to make a lot of noise) around here!
Simeon you did such a great job on Lego League. You must have worked hard to make it to State! Corrine you sound so nice on the piano and viola. Keep up practicing and before you know it, you’ll be a super star on both! Ammon you’re a blue belt now-that’s awesome! I also heard from the Tooth Fairy that you were a trooper getting 4 teeth pulled last week. Rebecca you take such good care of you babies, and give the best hug and kisses. I loved hearing you say “I love you” to your family this month. Remember kids to be nice to your family and to listen to your mom and dad. They love you a lot!!
Tonight when you go to sleep a little Christmas magic is going to happen. I will fly back to the North Pole for the last time this year. I will make my last report to Santa before he gets on his sleigh and heads around the world to spread Christmas cheer. When you wake up tomorrow morning I will be gone and your stockings will be full of gifts from Santa. I know there will be gifts, because I’ve told Santa all about what good children you are.
Lucky for us Santa will lift my magic for just a few minutes after you are done reading this letter. In those few minutes it will be okay to touch me, hug me and kiss me goodbye. When you are finished with your goodbyes just put me under the Christmas Tree and I will find my way to the North Pole tonight. Cant wait to see you next Christmas season!
When I was searching your house for spots to hide, I found where you keep your wrapping paper and decided to use it to wrap these early presents for you. I hope your mom doesn’t mind me using her wrapping paper. Enjoy your presents!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Becky The Elf


Rebecca giving Becky a hug before putting her under the tree to go back to Santa until next year.


The kids had fun looking for Becky everyday. Next year she's going to have so many more places to hide and will hopefully be a bit more adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment