Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm ready

When I started this new blog I had such BIG, exciting plans to update more often then I did on our 1st blog. I wanted to update about other things besides the fun, happy things we did as a family too. I wanted to take more pictures, and take them for others.

Then the weather turned colder with more gray days, 

and I've slowed down

ALOT

I've tried hard to get past this slow down. I've tried to put on a happy face and pretend I feel fine, pretend that I feel happy, pretend I'm excited about things, pretend that I feel energized and normal, pretend every things alright and nothings changed. 

But I can't anymore.

I've hid what I've been going through for years and for so many reasons.


 I didn't want anyone to know I was sad. 
I didn't want anyone to know that I was hiding in my house avoiding others.
 I didn't want anyone to know that even in a crowded mall with my daughter I felt alone and lonely and would leave only to cry on the way home. 
I didn't want anyone to know that I couldn't find the motivation to cook, 
or clean, 
or get ready for bed 
or get up in the morning
or help my kids with their homework 
or even play with my kids.  
I didn't want anyone to know of the tears I've cried behind closed doors.
I didn't want anyone to know that I wasn't perfect.
I didn't want anyone to see me as weak.



But I can't do it anymore.

 I'm done pretending. 
I'm done ignoring my struggles. 
I'm done hiding. 
I'm done being sad.
I'm done being lonely.
I'm done feeling bad about myself.
I'm done with feeling like my kids don't measure up to other peoples kids.
I'm done shopping just to feel good about a great deal.
I'm done feeling like my house is never as clean or as perfect as other peoples.
I'm done feeling like I'm not Martha Stewart and I never will be.
I'm done smiling to cover up how I'm really feeling.
I'm done feeling bad about not having the greatest blog posts.
I'm done letting others drag me down.
I'm done feeling like my Facebook updates stink and nobody even sees them.
I'm done feeling like I never measure up to anyone around me.
I'm done with all these negative feelings.

I'm done
and
I'm ready.

I'm ready to let people in. 
I'm ready to have energy.
I'm ready to feel motivated.
I'm ready to really enjoy my kids.
I'm ready to let people know of my struggles.
I'm ready to let my guard down, even though it scares me. 
I'm ready to care more about every and anything.
I'm ready to fight for myself.
I'm ready for a change.

I ready to really, truly, and completely enjoy my life.

I'm ready to not let S.A.D take over me every winter.
I'm ready to fight it into a corner 
and keep it there.

I'm ready to make a change.

-----------------------------------------------

If you're still reading this, it means that I finally did it. 
I didn't delete it again. I didn't hide again. 
I opened up. I took the 1st step. 

I didn't share this for sympathy  I did this for me and my family. 
I did it to help me 
and so many others that suffer silently 
because just like me they're scared to let anyone know. 
Scared to let anyone know of their struggles and pain and sadness.

I did it because I finally got tired of life passing me by and not caring.

I did it because:
Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!

-Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment