Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Weekend of First's

I wanted to call this blog post "A day of first's", then realized that I'd leave out a very cool 1st from yesterday.

Yesterday's 1st 

Corrine went skiing for the 1st time. She said she really liked it and it was easier then she thought it would be. Corrine & Simeon went to Dubuque for the weekend with The Children's Cancer Connection. This was Simeon's 3rd time going, so he was a pro at it. Corrine knew only one other girl, Mikayla going on the trip. When we got to the bus, Mikayla and her brothers weren't there, which made Corrine nervous. They ended up meeting up with the group at the lodge where they were staying. Both the kids had a great time and are already talking about next years trip!

Corrine is the one by herself in the front of the group at ski lessons.

Today's First's

1. Rebecca went to her 1st full day of Sunbeams Primary class. I get to be her teacher so I get to see the sweetness of those little kids 1st hand! We had some tears from 2 kids and some clinging to mom with Rebecca, but they all warmed up and had a wonderful 1st day. 

I took some pictures of the kids with their crowns on. My mom took a picture of me on my 1st day of Sunbeams and I still have the picture. I need to dig it out. I also need to dig out the pictures of the other kids on their 1st day of Sunbeams. It'd be so cute to see them all side by side.

2. Ammon got to go to his 1st day in the Senior Primary. It's a big deal to him to be in the older group of Primary kids. Now we have 3 kids in the senior primary and one in junior primary.

3. All 4 kids are in primary now. They'll all be in primary until May when Simeon turns 12 and graduates from primary and goes into the Young Men's.

4. We got to go to our 1st Priesthood Preview night with Simeon. He'll be 12 in May and will be getting ordained with the Aaronic Priesthood and will get to pass the sacrament. It was a great night learning about the Priesthood.

5. Simeon is now a 1st class Scout!! He'll get his official pins and badges on Wednesday night. Tonight he had his board of review along with 5 other boys. There are going to be ALOT of advancements at the Court of Honor this Wednesday night.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have taken a picture of Zach on his first day. Maybe his second day.
    Good job Corrine going skiing.
    Can't believe Simeon will be 12 soon!

    ReplyDelete